- Produced 1991-, Zenit-Vilejka (BeLOMO), Vilejka, Belarus
- Film type 135 (35mm)
- Picture size 24mm x 36mm
- Lens Industar 95 1:2.8 38mm (4 elements in 4 groups)
- Focal range 1m to infinity scale focus
- Aperture settings A, 4, 5.6, 8, 11
- Filter size n/a
- Shutter leaf
- Shutter speeds 1/8 to 1/500
- Viewfinder telescopic with bright line frame
- Exposure meter
- Battery two AA for flash and ‘auto’ setting
- ASA 25-400
- pop-up built in flash
- wind lever
Cheap copy of the Konica C35EF made in Belarus by Zenit-Vilejka, a subsidary of BelOMO (Belarus) in Vilejka, north of Minsk. Not a very remarkable camera, it’s a scale focus viewfinder compact with a pop-up flash. Sharp-looking coated lens however. Not quite as fun a user as the more solidly built Smena.
Completely blank roll! There’s either a problem with the film transport or more likely the shutter. Requires investigation.
I’m thinking about what I can do to make that battery door more reliable. A little dot of emery cloth glued to the tab perhaps?.
Tips & Tricks
Careful of that battery door, it’s tough to close and keep closed because it doesn’t really grip too well. This is the spot where the build quality really shows.